Learn More About Case Management
The Case Management program helps seniors who are aged 60 or older with physical or cognitive limitations who need assistance managing activities of daily living.
A Case Manager will help you access the services and resources you need in order to age safely in place.
A Case Manager can assist you in your home and over the phone to:
- Assess for and coordinate for you to receive supportive NYC Aging-funded services such as home-delivered meals, Nutritional Counseling, Friendly Visiting, home care, Bill Payer Program and more . NYC Aging-funded home delivered meals have a suggested contribution and NYC Aging-funded home care includes a sliding scale fee based on income. Bill Payer and Friendly Visiting are free. Eligibility includes having some functional limitations and limited/no formal and informal supports. Note: Individuals enrolled in Medicaid Long Term Care are not eligible for NYC Aging- funded home delivered meals or home care services.
- Connect you to other community or borough-based services.
- Evaluate your benefit/entitlement needs and support you in navigating these systems.
- Advocate with landlords, utility companies, and benefit programs.
- Provide counseling on long-term care issues.
- Regularly contact you to ensure that the services you are receiving continue to meet your needs as well as assess overall wellbeing.