Outreach and Presentations
CASC staff can provide presentations on a variety of topics for senior groups, caregiver groups, community & civic associations and professionals.
We also participate in Health and Information Fairs located on Staten Island.
Some topics included are:
- CASC Services
- Entitlements and Benefits – listed below and more
- Medicare Savings Program
- Community Medicaid
- SNAP – Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (formerly Food Stamps)
- HEAP – Home Energy Assistance Program
- SCRIE – Senior Citizen Rent Increase Exemption (rent freeze)
- DRIE – Disability Rent Increase Exemption (rent freeze)
- SCHE – Senior Citizen Homeowner’s Exemption (property tax)
- STAR – School Tax Relief Exemption
- Crime Victims Assistance and Scams
- Learn what you can do to protect yourself from becoming a victim
- Learn about different scams and how to recognize them
- Learn about crime victims’ compensation reimbursement for loses
- Elder Abuse
- What is it?
- How to recognize it?
- What services are available?
- NY Connects: Staten Island – information and assistance for long term care services for seniors and all ages with disabilities, their family and caregivers
If you would like to schedule a presentation or like us to participate in an upcoming Information or Health Fair, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org